This is probably the site of the Saxon church and although the present church shows signs of Norman work, including the chancel arch, from c. 1120 and some early Decorated work, mainly the lower part of the tower and north chapel window, it is largely Perpendicular. The south side is the most interesting exterior with embattled parapets, crocketed pinnacles and friezes with carved figures. The spire was built in 1633 and there are 8 bells, cast in 1734, and an illuminated clock, with chimes, of 1858. The interior was restored in 1875-78 and the Hungerford chapel contains a Baynton monument. There is a very interesting 13th century vestment chest and a superb organ case of 1730. The churchyard is spacious, perhaps an indication of the land originally allowed for a Saxon minster church. The registers date from 1578 and, other than those in current use, are held in the Wiltshire and Swindon History Centre in Chippenham.