Built in 1779, replacing a medieval church which stood below the present site. The architect was the renowned John Wood the elder of Bath. It is ashlar faced, having a small west tower with octagonal top and a small dome. There are Venetian windows. The church is associated with Francis Kilvert as his father, Robert, was vicar here. The registers from 1730, other than those in current use, are in the Wiltshire and Swindon History Centre in Chippenham.