Tabernacle United Reformed Church, Chippenham

The origins of the church are with the Calvinistic Methodist preachers, who were active in the area from 1742. The first Tabernacle on this site in Emery Lane was built in 1770 and was replaced in 1826 with a new and larger chapel. In the middle of the 19th century a minister's house and a hall were added at the west end and the interior was completely refitted in 1889. It was a Congregational church but became a United Reformed Church in the latter part of the 20th century