A mixture of styles with evidence of the Norman church visible in a chancel arch of c.1150. The nave arches are Early English and the chancel is late 13th century. There has been much rebuilding culminating in the north aisle in 1755. The tower originally had a spire but when Aubrey sketched it in the mid 17th century the tower had large cracks and he predicted its fall. The great storm of 1703 blew down both tower and spire. It was rebuilt in the Gothic style in 1725 without the spire. There is Somerset tracery in the bell openings. The parish registers date from 1563 and, apart from those in current use, are held in the Wiltshire and Swindon History Centre in Chippenham.